3D Printing of Metal Parts on an Industrial Scale.
Additive manufacturing system for the industrial production of high-quality large metal parts.
With a building volume of 400 x 400 x 400 mm, EOS M 400 allows the production of large metal parts on an industrial scale – directly from CAD data and with no need for tools.
Proven quality, high productivity
- Increased productivity due to 1 kW laser
- Reduced non-productive time due recoating from both sides
- Reduced filter costs due to new recirculating filter system with automated cleaning function
- EOS M 400 consists of a Process Station and a Setup Station. This modular approach facilitates the easy integration of future innovations.
- Extensive monitoring features take quality management to a new level.
- Job preparation and calculation is separated from the building process: the job file prepared at your desk is transmitted via the network; the system focusses entirely on building parts.
- EOS M 400 supports the production of complex metal parts. Nonetheless, the system is extremely user-friendly.
- Quick and easy operation via touch screen.
Broad material portfolio
- EOS offers an increasing number of metal materials for the EOS M 400 system. With the corresponding ParameterSets, the system produces parts with standardized part property profiles (PPPs).
- The ParameterEditor enables you to modify parameters to meet your individual requirements.
|EOS M 400 - Industrial 3D Printer for Metal Parts|
|Building volume||400 mm x 400 mm x 400* mm (15.8 x 15.8 x 15.8 in)
(*including building platform which is typically 40 mm (1.6 in) thick)
|Laser type||Yb-fiber laser; 1 kW|
|Scan speed||up to 7.0 m/s (23 ft/s)|
|Focus diameter||approx. 90 µm (0.0035 in)|
|Power supply||50 A|
|Power consumption||max. 20.2 kW / typical 16.2 kW|
|Compressed air supply||7,000 hPa; 20 m3/h (102 psi; 706 ft3/h)|
|System Dimensions (W x D x H; Process Station (with Periphery Station) and Setup Station)||4,181 mm x 1,613 mm x 2,355 mm (164.6 x 63.5 x 92.7 in)|
|Recommended installation space (W x D x H)||min. 6.5 m x 6 m x 3.3 m (256 x 236 x 130 in)|
|Weight||approx. 4,635 kg (10,218 lb)|
|Software||EOSPRINT; EOS RP Tools; EOSTATE; Materialise Magics RP with SG+ and further modules|
|CAD interface||STL, optional: converter for all standard formats|